Sunday, March 20, 2016

Yang Hidup Yang Berkarya

So last night, I discussed with my friend about student or the exact word that I mean is 'mahasiswa'. There are so many amazing motto about student in Indonesia.

"Students are agent of change.." or
"Students are the mover of revolution"
and so on..

But, suddenly I asked, why? Why there are students who do those? Why at that moment --when people are bearing that status-- is the right time to make changes?

I was thinking and then got the answers.

It is because that time is the turning point of people to be a mature man and the best time to act something different in their life. A student college usually is a young generation who still have energetic spirit to do something different and change something. And when you are a student, you're keep going to learn and are taught to think widely. But when you're not a student anymore, you are usually distract by many things, like job and your own family. You have much load to think about. So you're not really concern about what happen in the world or maybe your country.

But, my answers are completely wrong.

My friend just told me those motto are bullshit. "Changes is from anybody and whenever the time it is. Those motto is just some of memory of the students in 1998 and now people keep going to use those motto for political interests. Those just make the young generation enthusiastic, but when they grow old nothing left to do. Is it young, old, or kids, there are no reason to not make a movement."

I just realize how stupid I am not to think like that before. Before I asked him, I also was thinking about, 'how about the students of elementary school till high school?' But I just thought those moments are just for the prepare of their maturity. I forgot to think that anybody in any ages can make anything. How fool I am. But I am glad I am curious to want to know about it from another perspective --not only from my opinions-- so my thought can be wider and wider than before. Not in the same place again. Going up!

 So, points that I can get from my discussion with him are there are never any age ranges to stop you to learn, think, and act something meaningful. There is always chance to do best and give it to the people..

 And this is the last sentence from my friend:
"Yang hidup yang berkarya...."

No comments:

Post a Comment